Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Sadly, we weren't able to go to Port Macquarie over the Easter long weekend. I had blood test and ultrasound on Good Friday and when the nurse rang me for the results that arvo, she said I had another blood test and ultrasound scheduled for Monday. My husband and I talked about it and decided to cancel the trip since Port Macquarie is about 5 hours drive from Sydney. I was so sad that day, I wanted to cry. But what can we do? As my friend Jeana said, some things are more important than others. And so Saturday came. We were at home thinking of things to do when my husband got a call from his Uni friend who lives in Canberra. He asked if he and his family (wife and two kids) could come visit us. Of course we said yes. They arrived Saturday evening so we planned to go to the Easter Show the day after.

We've never been to the Easter Show ever so my husband and I were excited! Here are some of the pictures we took:

Manabat Family from Canberra =)








dagwood dog & lemonade

slinky apple


We didn't get to try any of the rides. We were happy just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. We got to watch a lumberjack show, though. We also didn't buy any showbags. *gasp* I wanted to buy one or two but my husband talked me out of buying by asking the all important question: Do you really, really need it? Don't feel sorry for me though. I got my "revenge" when we went to the factory outlet on Monday but that's for another entry. >:)

We had fun at the Easter Show. Hopefully we can go back next year. :)
How was your Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment