Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Chronicles of a Pregnant Vera - Part 1

So I'm pregnant. Now what?! Haha. As my pregnancy progresses, I'm learning things about myself, my body and being pregnant in general. Here are some of the things that's been happening to me.
  • After my embryo transfer I refused to pee for a couple of hours (even when I was dying to!) for fear that the embryo would 'fall out'! How silly was I?! :D
  • My all-day sickness started at 5 weeks. I refuse to call it morning sickness because I am sick morning, noon and night, sometimes even when I'm already in bed sleeping. It was worst from 9 to 10 weeks. I still get sick nowadays but not as severe as before. Thank God! Hopefully my good luck continues.
  • I don't like the smell of food, especially meat and chicken being cooked. I get really, really nauseated. It's a good thing my husband does all the cooking. I'm so lucky, I know! :)
  • I lost my appetite at the same time my all-day sickness started. It hasn't come back yet but I'm so waiting for it to. Nothing tastes good. Even water tastes awful. There was a couple of weeks I was so dehydrated because I was having difficulty drinking water. And I think I've already lost weight since being pregnant.
  • I can't wait to get to the 'craving stage' so I could eat anything I want. Hopefully by then I already have my appetite back.
  • We bought a fetal home doppler off eBay just so my husband and I can hear our bub's heart beat anytime we want to. Since it arrived from China we've only used it once though. It was so exciting to hear it! A bub's heart beat is almost double that of an adult's. Our bub's was 175-180 bpm. Cool!
  • My husband is hoping that our bub is a boy. I honestly don't have any preference. All I'm praying for is a healthy and normal bub. :) 
That's all I can think of right now. I'll add to the list as I discover new things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment