Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Chronicles of a Pregnant Vera - Part 2

Today I am 18+3. That means 18 weeks, 3 days, folks! Almost halfway through. Yay! Here are some of the things that happened and some things I've been pondering about since my last chronicle entry.
  • I've started feeling 'ok' this past week. I'm not as tired as before anymore and I very rarely throw up now. Hopefully this continues til I give birth. I know, wishful thinking. :D 
  • I have decided to give cloth nappies a go. They're not the same nappies that my mum used on me ages ago, though. Thank God for that. They're now generally known as MCNs or modern cloth nappies. To kick-start my stash, I ordered some multi fit nappies from Baby Beehinds. They're the ones I can use from when bub is 5kg til about 16kg. I've yet to receive my order but I can't wait to get the nappies and 'practice'. Hehe. I know some people might think cloth nappies might be too much work compared to sposies (disposable nappies) but I'm willing to try if it would work for Bee and I (and Dad, for that matter!). *fingers crossed* 
  • I have also decided to give baby wearing a go. My sister in Manila is in the process of securing a Saya baby carrier for me. Hope the color that I like is still available in my size -- purple, of course. :) 
  • We have our morphology/gender scan in three days. My husband and I have been counting the days and finally it's just a few more sleeps away! So exciting. Watch this space for the big reveal! 
  • I've started feeling 'flutters' since 17 weeks. I have a feeling it's Bee wanting to 'play' with me. Hehe. It's more prevalent at night or when I happen to drink or eat anything cold. They say bubs in the womb don't like anything cold that's why they tend to 'move'. In any case, I can't wait to feel 'real kicks' from Bee. Hopefully soon. :) 
  • I am now 'obviously pregnant'. Not like before when I just looked like a kid who ate plenty. Haha! My husband noticed that my tummy looked way bigger this week than the last. Well I guess I could say that I already popped!!! :) [Remember the Pringles ad -- once you pop, you can't stop!] I really should start taking weekly photos of my belly. I promise to start doing so this Sunday. It would be nice to be able to show Bee later how he/she grew up in Mum's tummy.
Well, that's all for now. I'm hungry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment