Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 4 Update

While yesterday's update was specific and thorough, today's is a bit vague. And the scientist's call came a bit early too, I had just woken up. Haha!

Good news again! She said that 4 of the embryos have developed further than yesterday. So they're now at the level they want them to be. I'm guessing the morula stage since that's what the booklet says. But then again, each embryo's development is different. So I'm just trusting their judgement on these things. As for the other 4, they have developed a few more cells than yesterday -- just not on the same level. They're not ruling them out yet. I'm hoping and praying the 4 slower embies do catch up by tomorrow. For all of these, we praise and we thank you, Lord! :)

My ET (embryo transfer) is scheduled for 10am tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous but more excited. No more updates from the scientists. Hehe.

I've also booked acupuncture sessions for tonight and tomorrow night. I've been reading and researching about IVF and acupuncture lately. Some girls said it really helped them so I decided to give it a go. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Tonight is my first EVER acupuncture session. I'm hoping it'll help me relax and feel more prepared for tomorrow's transfer. My acupuncturist is a lovely man from Castle Hill. I'm so thankful that he was able to accommodate me at such short notice -- I only rang him yesterday. :)

I'm trying something else that I've read about -- positive visualisation. Couldn't hurt, right? And it's free! Positive thoughts all 'round! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment