Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yet Another Post About Jabbing

I'm now on Day 13 of jabbing. I had another blood test (my 6th this cycle) and ultrasound (my 4th) this morning. My follicles are taking their sweet time growing so I'm a bit apprehensive. The nurse said I shouldn't worry much as my body is probably just taking it's time responding to the drugs but I can't help it. She thinks I have to come in for another blood test and ultrasound on Friday and that I'll probably have my egg collection on Monday. I'll have to wait for the nurse's call this afternoon about my results first to confirm this. Hopefully  my oestrogen level is still up.

On to jabbing. I'm getting the hang of it as it has been almost two weeks since I started. Gonal-f is fairly easy to inject as it's a pen-type thing. Cetrotide is another matter altogether. It's a bit complicated as there are steps involved: preparing, mixing and drawing. I'm lucky because my husband does those things for me. I just have to do the jabbing. Thing is Cetrotide stings, a LOT. But it's still fairly manageable. The nurse suggested putting ice on the injection area 10 minutes before jabbing. I haven't tried it yet.

I am now watching Gossip Girl while I (impatiently) await the nurse's call. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment