Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More Stuff to Buy

*Updated 11 January 2012*

I'm creating a list of things that we still need to buy for Jacob and myself (in preparation for breastfeeding) just so I have a reminder. Up until now I only had an imaginary list! Haha!

Here it goes:

1. MORE modern cloth nappies -- Bumgenius 4.0 with snap closure, GroVia One Size All in One and itti bitti tutto are some of the brands I also want to try. Although I already have 2 GroVia AIOs, I want to add to it. To date, I have 38 nappies (30 One Size Fits Most & 8 newborn ones) which I feel is not enough if I plan to do the laundry every other day. So I definitely need more!
* 10% OFF GroVia website using code PTPA (valid until June 2012)* 
>> I have a GroVia stash en route to Sydney from the USA. It has 14 One Size AIOs, 2 sets of wipes and an owl shirt to match Jacob's GroVia owl nappies. :) I think I can stop buying nappies FOR NOW. I'm not saying I won't buy more LATER, though. We'll see how we go with our current nappy stash. :D

2. washable/cloth wipes -- Since I'm going to be using MCNs, I figured I might as well go the washable/cloth wipes route. Makes sense, right? :D The GroVia washable wipes doesn't look too bad and by far the cheapest branded ones I've seen. >> My mum & sister bought 2 lots of these cloth wipes from The Eco Baby Boutique. I'm hoping they are good.

3. curved car window shade for Honda Civic -- Jacob is going to be born in January which means it's going to be Summer here. I can just imagine how hot it's going to be. We're already experiencing extreme heat most days now and it's still Spring. >> Just bought a car shade set from Costco. Hopefully it does the job.

4. grooming set -- nail clippers, comb & brush, etc >> I asked my mum who's coming to visit us to buy from Manila. :)

5. health care kit/first aid kit

6. organic baby toiletries (body wash, shampoo, oil, lotion, sunscreen) -- I might try Burt's Bees' Baby Bee Getting Started Kit first. See if Jacob likes their range of products for bubs. :) >> I've decided to put as little product on Jacob as possible. I've read that water's fine in bub's first few months. Just the same, I have some sample goat soap on stand by which we got from one of the baby shows we went to last year. :)

7. nappy rash cream compatible with modern cloth nappies -- I'm leaning towards GroVia Magic Stick for convenience. I hope it's good. >> Bought one because of free shipping from GroVia website and also availed of the 10% discount. Win! :)

8. digital thermometer -- Still deciding which is best: ear, forehead or the good old under the arm one. >>  I asked my mum who's coming to visit us to buy from Manila. :)

9. Gro Egg digital room thermometer -- Kaartehan lang ng nanay ni Jacob! ;p >> Bambini Pronto had a 55% off SALE, so I bought one rightaway. :)

10. bottles, bottle brush, dummies, steriliser -- I'm leaning towards getting Avent. Also, I'm still not sold on using dummies but I'm putting it on the list just in case I might need to. >> We've been given Avent bottles on our first baby shower. I'm hoping I'd get the need to use them much later. :)

11. flat head support for sleeping -- I don't want Jacob to end up like his mum in terms of flat head. Haha! The one we saw at Baby Kingdom is called baby-head-rest.

12. washable/cloth breast pads, Lansinoh nipple cream, nipple shields

These are the things I can think of right now. I'll cross out/add to this as appropriate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment