Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pandora

I started collecting Pandora Jewellery March of last year when my husband gave me a silver bracelet and four lovely charms for my birthday.

 silver bracelet and my first two charms, the present/gift and the seashell with 14ct gold starfish

We bought these when we  were on a holiday at the Gold Coast. The hotel where we stayed at was located conveniently above the shopping mall. When I realized that my bracelets needed two fixed beads for balance I convinced my husband (convinced being the operative word) to go back to the jewellery store and buy them. Thus, on the same day I got four beads! What a way to start my collection. :)

plain and bead bars silver clip and sunburst clip with 14ct gold centre

From then, according to my husband, my collection grew at an alarming rate. It was so addicting buying charms. At first I was only allowed to buy charms for special occasions. So I think I may have 'invented' some occasions to justify my purchases. Haha. Before 2009 ended my bracelet was full.


Kidding aside, each bead has its own special meaning for me. Some of them represent the places we've been to, while others represent me and the people who are important to me. Just to let you know though, the money bag charm was my husband's idea. He says it's in anticipation of him winning the lottery! :)


I have yet to ask for a birthday present from my husband even though my birthday was weeks ago. I'm thinking of starting my second bracelet. But first I have to ask myself if I can exercise self-control in buying charms this time. The charms and bracelet are not that expensive since most of them are silver, with the exception of some having 14ct gold and semi-precious stones. But they're not exactly cheap either, especially now that our circumstances have changed. I think I'll follow my own advice and think about it some more. My husband can breathe a sigh of relief (for now). :)


No comments:

Post a Comment