Friday, April 30, 2010

Hunter Valley Getaway

Border Garden
We spent the Anzac long weekend in Hunter Valley. It was a last minute decision. So last minute that I was only able to book our accommodations the night before we left. So Friday night I was frantically searching for things to see and do for the weekend. We left Tamworth later than expected last Saturday because we overslept. We went straight to the Hunter Valley Gardens. There were heaps of gardens inside like Oriental Garden, Formal Garden, Border Garden. They even have a Sunken Garden. My favourite is the Storybook Garden. I swear you'll feel like a little kid again. :)
Oriental Garden


A Mad Tea Party @ Storybook Garden

Sunken Garden
It rained on Sunday so we decided to just stay in our villa and chillax. We left Hunter at around half past 9 on Monday and in 3 hours we were back in Tamworth. It was a very relaxing holiday. I enjoyed a lot even though it seems we didn't do anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment