Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Updates

Happy Earth Day! :)
It's been a while since I posted anything. Here are some things that happened/are happening:
~ I've finished reading books 3 and 4 of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian. Although there were some dragging parts, in all of the books, all in all, the series was an enjoyable read. Somehow, I got the feeling that there will be more books added to the series. I hope so.

~ There are  some addition to my balikbayan box: Brita Water Filter System. I bought a jug and a box of 6 Filter Cartridges. The water bottle is a freebie. Brita is also sold in Manila, I just don't know if it's cheaper here. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I already bought it for them. The box is coming along pretty well. Though I can't send it yet. I have to wait til we get back to Sydney.

~ Another Blackberry was delivered this morning because we weren't satisfied with the first  phone delivered last week. The screen looks like it might fall off. So my husband rang and ask for a replacement. Hopefully this one's ok so he can finally have it activated. I can't wait to pay with it!

~ Another long weekend is coming up, the Anzac long weekend in commemoration of Anzac Day on April 25th. Here's what I found in wikipedia:

Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army  Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries. Anzac Day is also observed in the Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga.

Surprise, surprise. I still don't have anything planned. I'm madly searching the net right now for places we could go to. It's already Thursday. I hope I could come up with something or else we're staying in for three days.

That's all for now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment