Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Chronicles of a Pregnant Vera - Part 3

I am 23 weeks pregnant today!!! How awesome is that?! ONLY 17 more weeks and we'll get to meet the love of our lives, Jacob. Now onto some of my musings:
  • It's true what the books and other women who have given birth say, 2nd trimester is awesome! Although I still sometimes feel sick, I generally feel awesome nowadays. My eating habits are slowly going back to normal. Hopefully I gain weight soon.
  • Jacob is kicking up a storm. Gone are the flutters and soft nudges. Now even his Daddy can feel him move. More exciting for my husband is the fact that he can now see my tummy move when Jacob moves. Precious! I am loving all of Jacob's 'kicks and punches'. :D
  • We've been shopping for Jacob for a few weeks now, mostly clothes. We've shopped for different sizes though especially for when he is about 6 months old and it'll be Winter here. We've also bought a few toys for him. His nappy stash is not yet complete. I still need to buy a few lots.
  • I have booked for our babymoon on the 2nd week of October. I'm excited to go and explore a new place but I'm more excited to be with my husband and do nothing! :)
  • My Aqua Natal classes are due to start next month. I am so looking forward to it. I haven't had much exercise at all since falling pregnant (well actually since forever! haha!). But I think the classes will help me heaps with these aches and pains I'm feeling as my tummy and Jacob grows. I already have a couple of maternity board shorts. I'm still waiting for the delivery of the maternity halter tops that I ordered online.
  • My husband and I want to 'see' Jacob again, soon. So we will be scheduling a 3D/4D ultrasound for when I am 29 weeks. That's what the ultrasound place recommends so all of bub's features are already defined. We can't wait! :)
  • In a few days my husband and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary. Of those 12 years, we've been married for 6. Twelve years of togetherness -- lovely. I love my husband. I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM! Love, love, love! <3
That's it for now folks. Be back soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment