Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shopping for Jacob

Shopping is fun but shopping for Jacob is way, way more fun! We have been buying bits and pieces for Jacob these past few weeks. Nothing major yet, except for his pram. I saw this pram on sale while I was browsing through Baby Kingdom's website. I then showed it to my husband who said it looked fine and I could order it online if I wanted to. I had apprehensions about ordering the pram online though so I didn't. First, there is a delivery fee of $70 which of course I didn't want to pay since there is a Baby Kingdom about 20 minutes away from our house. I also wanted to see the pram and be able to test it as well. So a couple of weeks after I saw the pram online, my husband and I decided to go to Baby Kingdom in Penrith. We saw the pram and had the sales assistant demonstrate its features. My husband was satisfied so we bought the pram. Catch is the pram was only available in one color -- electric blue. Keep in mind that this happened way before we found out that we're having a boy. My husband 'convinced' me that the pram's color is more purple than blue. I, being a sucker for anything purple, heartily agreed. Haha! And so, we took home Jacob's pram that day, a Quinny Buzz 4. We got a great bargain because we also got the matching Quinny Dreami Carrycot, all for $440.

Daddy  with Jacob's pram
My husband assembled the pram just so we can check if there is any defect and if all the accessories are complete. I took the picture above before he dismantled and put the pram and dreami cot back into their boxes.

Meanwhile, Jacob got his first gift over the weekend -- Dr Seuss Alphabet Frieze and Mobile. Auntie Jeana's children, Kuya Liam & Ate Sam gave it to him. Liam even wrote the note himself. How sweet is that?! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment