Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maternity Clothes Shopping

I have been having difficulties shopping for maternity clothes here in Sydney. There are no (actual) shops specializing in maternity wear that I know of. Some shops like Target, Big W and Kmart carry maternity clothes but the choices are very, very limited. I don't like the styles they have and the sizing is too big for my petite frame -- I'm tiny, as one sales associate told me over the weekend while my husband and I were looking for maternity swimwear. :D

As such, I've resorted to online shopping. My favourite site is Asos. Their prices are pretty reasonable (especially the clearance items) compared to the prices of clothes here, plus they offer free shipping to Australia. How awesome is that?! So far I have bought from them a couple of pairs of jeans, a pair of cropped trousers, a dress, a shirt and two halter bikini tops for my Aqua Natal classes which will start next month. Speaking of Aqua Natal classes, I also had to order my maternity board shorts online from Angel Maternity. They were delivered this morning and it's a good thing they have accurate sizing charts because the extra small ones fit me just right.

There's this one shop that I always go to whenever we're out, Pumpkin Patch. They carry babies', children's and maternity clothes. Admittedly, their prices are more expensive but the quality is really good. I was able to buy one pair of cargo pants from them (on sale, mind you).

Oh, my sister just texted me that they have sent me a care package from Manila mostly containing maternity clothes. They have bought some clothes from Gingersnaps, some from good old SM department store and of course some from the ever reliable palengke (market). I.AM.SO.EXCITED!!! I can't wait to receive the package and open it and be surprised. It should be here in 4-5 days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment